Software Change Controls is part of the DataFlo Sarbanes-Oxley Enhancement Suite.
One of the key requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley is having control of software changes to your application. This includes making sure only a limited number of people have access to changing development and live software and ensuring all changes are managed and tracked appropriately. The DataFlo system already has a good software change control system, however its use is optional and can still be bypassed when enabled, making Sarbanes-Oxley compliance more challenging.
Our software improves the software change control system, ensuring live software cannot be changed without following your software testing and release procedures, and the system will automatically send notification e-mails when new software is deployed.
Software Change Control Lockdown
- Prevents software changes directly to your live software account and requires all changes to be made in your development software account.
- All of the Software Component Editors (e.g., EDIT.PROG, EDIT.DICT) are enhanced to only work within your development account. This will ensure that all your software changes are tracked properly and that live software is not changed without following your development and software release process.
- Attempting to use software change tools outside of a development account will display a warning message and allow the user to either view the software component in display-only mode or exit the program.
Software Change Release Lockdown and Notification
- Define the users who are authorized to release software changes to your testing and production systems.
- A new password-protected screen allows the IT manager to specify specific Preview user ID's who are authorized to release SCN's to Testing and Production.
- Optional feature to require a specific user's approval before a specific SCN (or all SCN's) can be released to production. Any changes to an SCN after approval revokes the approval.
- Define users to automatically notify via e-mail when software is successfully released to Testing and/or Production. Two user-defined e-mail templates are available: one for testing and one for the production message. You can create your own Text or HTML e-mail using using substitution parameters and data-driven content.
- Optional ability to send E-mail notification to all effected Users of SCN's released released to production. The e-mail distribution list consists of all users who have access to one or more DataFlo processes that were changed as part of the SCN.
This report is available for DataFlo systems that meet the following minimum requirements:
If you would like more information on how Kore can help you implement internal controls for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, contact us today. For more information on Sarbanes-Oxley check out these sites: http://www.sarbanes-oxley-101.com and http://www.sarbanes-oxley.com.