Kore Technologies Web Application Developer
Are you interested in developing interesting Web applications such as e-commerce, information portals, data exchanges and collaboration software using the latest Microsoft technology? Do you like to work in a relaxed environment that offers diverse projects and challenges?
If so, Kore Technologies could have a great opportunity for you because we are looking for a talented, full-time Web developer to join our team. You should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently or within a team and you should be knowledgeable and willing to participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
Kore Technologies, located in San Diego California, is a leading provider of e-commerce solutions and integration services primarily for manufacturing / distribution companies. We are a small, team-oriented company with dedication to the quality of our products and services. Kore offers a casual and relaxed work environment with many perks. In joining our growing organization, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical Insurance: HMO and PPO Plans, Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Short/Long Term Disability, 401(K) plan, and profit sharing program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop database driven Web applications with dynamic or active web content based on defined requirements for client and internal projects.
- Will have varying responsibilities in all areas of application development and project lifecycle: requirements gathering, technology research, specifications, development, quality assurance, documentation, and deployment.
- Work directly with clients on projects based on defined requirements and deadlines.
- Work with product managers to develop and support baseline software applications, often incorporating client-driven requirements.
- Work collaboratively with development team to achieve results that meet design and client requirements.
- Learn internal Web development framework and comply with all development procedures, standards, and conventions.
- Responsible for the quality and support of all Kore solutions.
- Assist in continuous process improvement with respect to the current framework and conventions.
- Database development and design using SQL, MySQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and fully conversant in object oriented programming techniques for Web-based applications.
- Ability to analyze or reverse engineer existing code in order to enhance or build new integrated systems.
- Understanding and experience with the full software development lifecycle and the use of a source control system.
- Knowledge of current Internet development standards and current trends in Web application technology.
- Ability to write clean, consistent, well-documented code following a previously established style.
- Experience working with one of the following operating systems and familiarity with the others: Windows (2000/XP), UNIX, or Linux.
- Experience working as a developer in a software company a plus.
- Experience developing software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, or financial industries a plus.
- Be comfortable working for a small, privately owned company.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must display excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving with strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently or on a team and juggle many simultaneous projects.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers and clients.
- Detail oriented and posses excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, professional attitude, and a desire to excel.